REGISTRATION is now closed. Contact Director of Admissions at 913-254-4271 with questions.
TRANSFER STUDENT PROCESS
Please review the transfer process below for transferring schools during the current school year as a Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior. Each transfer will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
The following steps are in place to ensure a fair assessment for all candidates.
- Please complete this survey.
- Forward a transcript from the current school’s registrar, as well as attendance records, to the Admissions Office.
- Upon completion of steps one and two, the candidate and at least one parent will be taking part in an “interview for transfer” conducted by representatives of the St. James Academy Administrative Team and a counseling team representative.
- If approved for further consideration, the next step may include a shadow visit (if the student has not already been a shadow guest in the past) on recommended dates provided by the Admissions Office.
- Upon admission, a behavior and expectations contract is required for transfer students, administered through the Dean of Student’s Office.
Contact the Admissions Office for more information!
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT PROCESS
International students who wish to attend St. James Academy, or families who wish to host an international student should contact the Admissions Office at St. James Academy by April 1st prior to the year the student wishes to attend.
Admission decisions will be dependent on several factors, including available space, the number of exchange students currently attending and the student’s year in school. Should space be available, potential students will then undergo a formal written application and an interview with the student and /or the potential host family before a final decision on admission is made.
- International students who are admitted to St. James Academy will pay full tuition, as well as all other student fees.
- St. James Academy will transcript all academic courses the student completes. However, St. James Academy will not issue diplomas to exchange students.
- When international students return home, the Kansas Secretary of State must validate the student’s attendance.
- A $100 processing fee will be charged to cover the preparation of the documents, as well as the travel to and from Topeka, KS, for the validation.
Further inquiries can be made by contacting the Admissions Office at St. James Academy.
St. James Academy administers the HSPT (High School Placement Test) in order to determine the proper placement of incoming freshman to St. James. The HSPT provides measures in the major skill areas of Reading, Mathematics, Language, and Science, as well as verbal and quantitative cognitive skills. Since the test is standardized at the same time with a national population of entering high school students, the end results are directly comparable on a national level as well as a local level for all test areas.
All incoming freshmen are expected to take the placement test at the high school where they’re most likely to enroll. Students may qualify for awards based on test achievement. If your high school choice is not yet determined at test time, that’s okay; register with a testing location and the high schools will share results later.
St. James Academy offers several scholarships for incoming freshman, to reward their accomplishments in academics as well as in their faith life and community involvement.