THE QUALITY OF LIFE I HAVE TODAY DERIVED FROM MY PARENTS’ INVESTMENT IN MY CATHOLIC EDUCATION YEARS AGO.
– HANNAH SANCHEZ (’13)
NOVember 12, 9:00-11:30am
It’s never too early to start exploring which High School is the best fit for your student and family. Open House is the perfect place to start!
• Tour the school and visit with teachers, coaches, current students, administrators and counselors.
• Learn about our outstanding academics, career exploration classes, AP curriculum, and student support systems.
• Check out Athletic Programs, Community System, Fine and Performing Arts, Faith Formation, and Clubs.
• See how our mission is lived out daily.
• Attend one of our parent financial planning workshops.
ST. JAMES’ MISSION
St. James Academy exists to pass on the Catholic faith to the next generation. The community is rooted in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church and is dedicated to developing the minds and hearts of young people to know Truth, choose Good and live virtuously in the service of others.
Our purpose is doing God’s will; our main objective is forming Saints.
– DR. SHANE RAPP, PRINCIPAL
8th-grade graduates from more than 52 area middle schools are part of SJA’s 2022-23 freshman class. Our students who made the successful transition to St. James want to share their story. We strengthen bonds between all four grades in the unique opportunities of the House and Community system. St. James administrators, faculty, and coaches infuse virtue and values while preparing students for college, and ultimately, Heaven! Come learn more at the Open House!
For the 2022-23 school year, St. James awarded $2.1 million in need-based aid and 33% of students received some form of payment modification. To be considered for a customized plan, complete an application through FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment.
529 plan funds can also be used to pay high school tuition.
The investment in four years of Catholic high school is likely returned as college scholarship awards.
- $11.5 million in college scholarships offered to class of 2022.
- 85% of 2022 graduates enrolled in a four-year college.
- 11.82%of 2022 graduates chose two-year college, vocation program, or military.
- 25.1 average ACT score for class of 2022 (was updated on 8/1/22)
- Individualized plan of study (IPS) for all learning levels.
- Engineering, Health Care, Education, Law & Public Service, NonProfit & Social Services, Journalism and Mass Media exploration classes offered.
- 28 sections of AP classes in 14 different content areas, 7 concurrent enrollment courses offered, and 21 Honors classes.
- Our College Explorations Class offers the Princeton Review ACT Preparation curriculum taught by trained instructors.
- Thunder Block – Flexible time during the school day for students to meet their individual needs, in particular those needs related to academic learning interventions. It also allows students to get an experience of a less structured environment similar to what they will experience in college and the workplace to help them learn the power their choice has in structuring their lives.
- 922 Students Total
- 90% Catholic (828 Catholic, 94 Non-Catholic)
- 53% Girls, 47% Boys
- 11.4% Hispanic
- 80.5% White
- 8.1% Asian, American Indian, Black, Pacific Islanders, two or More Races.
FACULTY AND STAFF
- 14:1 Student to Teacher Ratio
- 62 Teaching Staff
- 61% Masters Degree Trained
- 100 Total Staff
Join a Community (large group) and House (small group) for all 4 years
Strengthen bonds among 9th-12th grade
Receive mentorship in academic, social, and spiritual growth
Develop interpersonal relationship skills
Attend monthly leadership training
80+ leadership opportunities within the Community System
TUITION & FEES
The St. James Academy Board of Trustees has approved the following tuition rates for 2020-21.
READ OUR BLOG
Our goal is to help families like yours find the information that leads you to consider being part of the St. James community! Read compelling topics that are common to our junior high constituents’ decision-making process.
. . . it was the Holy Spirit guiding us to make that first phone call last May, and we knew we had to trust that SJA was the right place, regardless of our past experiences at private school. If your child needs extra support in the classroom and you are concerned...
Everything at SJA starts and ends with the mission, and so we’re not just here to get kids ready for a career; we’re here to pass on the faith and educate the whole child, focusing more on who they become rather than simply what they’re able to do By Shane Rapp, Ed.D,...
I know that each day my kids are being watched over by teachers and an administration who have a true calling in what they do. In most of my conversations with teachers, I walk away amazed at how faith-filled they are and how much they are genuinely committed to...
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Please fill out the contact form below, and let us know how we can help you!